If you can explain this to me PLEASE do!

My ex owes me thousands in back child support. I know Ill never see that cash! SO out of the kindness of my heart I let him work on my cars to pay off the debt and send letters to Child Support Enforcement letting them know so he can get his driver license back. I always write the letter for more than the work was actually worth (retail) . Well, the engine in my car threw a rod. I got a new engine and he is to replace it. He is asking me for $50 on top in cash. According to him, he makes more than my husband and I combined! He has a cell phone bill and that is it. He doesnt have a car so no car or maintenece, free rent and utilities and most of his food is free too. His child support is only based on minimum wage. I could have tore him a new one, but I am too nice and didnt. If I called CSE and let them know where he was working they would re-adjust his child support to owe me alot more per month. Its not worth it to me to put either of us through that. I told him we cannot afford the extra $50 and it made no sense to me to do that when the job he is doing is not even coming close to what he owes me. If his side makes sense to you please explain since he cant seem to! (and on a side note he does not see his daughter and has not contributed monitarily at all since her birth-by choice)

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 9:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Quit letting the man con you. My x owed back support for decades. I'm just now getting it or he goes to prison (felony for being so far behind and for long). I have no sympathy for the man. He works getting paid under the table so he has plenty of money. He just likes bucking the system and getting away with whatever he can. My x is a mechanic as well. Must be something in the motor oil that makes some of them like this. Tell him No on the extra money and if he's not happy with that then no more letters to cs for his sorry butt.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Def report him to CSE, I just had to do that with my ex. He hasn't paid either in 5 almost 6 years. You deserve money despite what he does for you on the side.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• you need to get the child support court ordered and garnished. what happens when he runs out of work to do for you?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• According to you "I let him work on my cars to pay off the debt and send letters to Child Support Enforcement letting them know so he can get his driver license back. I always write the letter for more than the work was actually worth (retail) . Well, the engine in my car threw a rod. I got a new engine and he is to replace it. He is asking me for $50 on top in cash. According to him, he makes more than my husband and I combined! " Report him. He's taking advantage of you. And it's been going on long enough. And if he wants to be an even bigger ass, you can tell the judge how easy you have been on him. (as if he needs help looking like a huge road-rashed ass). I don't understand for the LIFE of me just why he is asking for MONEY on top of him working to PAY OFF DEBT TO YOU!!! So sorry, I can not explain this to you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• You are definitely be hosed! If he is not seeing his daughter, not paying child support, AND asking for extra money, you my dear need to head directly to court and have his backside dealt with. Your daughter deserves better. Any and all monies collected could be put into an account that she could utilize for college or future needs. I do believe that his ticket has now run out.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 5:10 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sounds like proof of the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished. Sorry he's being such a jerk.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I would be having the child support re-set. Normally you can go through your local Prosector's office and they will take care of everything for you. that to me, would be easier, than arguing w/ him and having him around all the time fixing your car!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• girl.... please. you are tripping. no child support and a jerk. no way.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Quit being so easy on him. Get the child support reset. That is your daughters money and she deserves it.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Sounds like you're letting him walk all over you. He OWES you child support under the state law, so you shouldn't be letting him off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010