Giving a 3 1/2 year old PUMPED breastmilk?

I have read that giving your children breast-milk into their later years actually boosts their IQ. We are expecting our second child in a few weeks and I was wondering what everyone's thought of me giving our older daughter my pumped breast-milk eventually when I get my milk supply up and going? Do you think that it is weird? Or do you think that it is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• peeking

Anonymous

• I was wondering the same thing with my 5 year old. As long as you dont actually nurse her I think it's fine. just put it in a cup, it can't hurt anything just make sure it doesnt take away from the new baby
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think as long as its pumped it should be fine. 3 1/2 seems a little old but its your children I say go for it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Well, she is 3 and a half, she might not like the taste of it at this point, if she hasnt been having it all along
    Anonymous

• how long has she been weaned?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think it is strange. I am in no way trying to be rude to you at all.
    Anonymous

• I think it's way too old for breast milk, but that's just my opinion.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Breastmilk is great for so many things. I have even heard of women drinking pumped milk during chemo treatments. It may boost the immune system. When i was breastfeeding I scratched my cornea and had an eye infection. I put breastmilk in my eye, which cleared it up really fast. I think breastmilk is good in so many ways, why not?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I think that is fine. I don't know why anyone would think that is weird. I think its much weirder to drink milk made for a cow.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• She has not nursed she she was an infant, it's not like I'm going to try and actually nurse her my 3 1/2 year old. I would just be pumping and giving it to her in a glass to drink. I mean hey, if it is THAT good for her and studies show that it will help boost her IQ later in life wouldn't it be worth it to at least try?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010