Why i so hard for me to put my childs father on child support????

I AM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME PUTTING HIM ON CHILD SUPPORT I HAVE A LIST OF REASONS WHY I SHOUDNT AND ONLY 1 WHY I SHOULD. HELP DID IT TAKE YOU AWHILE TO DO IT? WAS IT WORTH GOING THROUGH THE PROCESS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Heck yeah I did it. It's for the child. Yes it was worth it because he wouldn't pay me directly like he kept saying he would. Think of your child.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It was a process, but it was worth it. He jacked around with the child support for months and payed when he could. I went after garnished wages and I am so glad I did. This is for your kids! This isnt about him, its about what those babies deserve. Once you do it, you will never regret it and it is such a relief.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• The most important reason your child's father should pay child support--YOUR CHILD!!!!!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I never married my oldest DD's father and we've never been to court and he doesnt pay child support. I would love to have the extra money for her but i remarried and had two more children with my husband and he treats my other DD the same as his. So i dont really need the child support. Her "father" never sees her either, i think he saw her 5 times this whole year.

My reasoning for not doing it was my husband provides for her and i would have to drive 40 minutes to court and i know he wouldnt show up and he doesnt even have a job so why bother. Do you think you still have feelings for him, maybe thats why?
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• hon, I have been a single parent for 8 yrs to two kiddos. Do you have any idea how much money it takes aside from child support to raise children these days? Spitful? How bout Common Sense! good luck with this
    Anonymous

• Everyone pressured me to get child support from my 1st sons father and I regret it to this day. It just angered him and we ended up trying to take my son from me (it didn't work) 10,000 dollars in lawyers fees later was it worth it? Yes over the course of 18 years he would have paid far more than 10,000 in child support but what about the emotional cost. You have to decide what is best for you. Each situation is different. Good luck!!
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It was hard for me but I didn't do it for me, I did it for my daughter!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• What are your reasons not to???
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Can you elaborate? Withough knowing the reasons you don't want to, all I have to say is that it is your childs money.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

My reasoning for not doing it was my husband provides for her and i would have to drive 40 minutes to court and i know he wouldnt show up and he doesnt even have a job so why bother.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what she said. Exactly. It's really freaking weird how eerily similar our situations are.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2010