Cinnamon rolls recipe!!! I just ate 9 of these

Ingredients
Dough:
1/4-ounce package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup scalded milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:
1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
3/4 cup sugar, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Glaze:
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Rub the sugar and cinnamon mix in with the butter untill a dark brown color. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.

Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.

Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Copied and pasted. Thanks!! Sounds delicious!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I make mine out of the artisan bread in five minutes a day basic dough, or one of the sweet doughs from the book.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I'm going to copy and paste. Thanks for the recipe! Something new for me to make for breakfast!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Lovin... I have started using that artisan bread in 5 minutes a day too. It is so easy! I love it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• File>Print>Selection>Print>NOM.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Oh yummy thanks!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• thanks
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Sounds good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• thanks very similar to mine but I use brown sugar in the filling, I made a batch for Xmas breakfast. The only thing I can bake from scratch. I am just not a baker.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks Can't wait to make them!
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011