baby shower?

I had my mother in law throw a shower for me, and Um not so great... but my lil sis is now pregnant and due in Dec, today she asked if I would throw the shower for her I said yes of course, but um do you have any ideas for me? I am blank, besides the invites.........please help I want this to be a great shower for her.

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 10:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• message me and we can work on it... i have thrown over 20 showers
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am not aware of this tradition of the pregnant woman ASKING someone to throw her a shower. Seems very odd to me. I thought it was supposed to be offered by someone as a kind gesture.
    Anonymous

• Google baby shower ideas. There is TONS of info out there. And to Anon 10:08, ettiquite about baby showers has changed a LOT in the last 10 years or so.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I love throwing showers and parties. Usually I try to base the theme on the following
    1. gender of the baby
    2. theme of the nursery
    3. favorites of the parents
    If you can try to tie two of these together you have a special shower. There are lots of neat shower games and prizes/favors depend on your theme. Good Luck and Have Fun!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Think about your own shower and what you would have liked, then go from there. I think it is always a good idea to have good food and good company that is a start, mix in a few good games. Have fun!
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 10:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008