• In the Spotlight:

Will you please give me a boost?

For everybody that knows me or kinda knows me, I'm being induced tomorrow and I'm really scared. I'm TERRIFIED. I need some kind words and a boost. Thanks in advance!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• mar,you have nothing to worry about! yeah-pain sucks,but that's what epidurals are for! josh will be there for you and it will be the happiest moment you two will ever experience together! you're a very strong woman and you're gonna be a great momma! don't be too scared-we're all praying for you! i can't wait to see those pix when you get back home! that's gonna be one handsome little man! i'm here if you need me! good luck! *LOVE and HUGS* tell josh congrats as well!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!

just keep remembering that you will soon see your baby!!!

and pitocin sucks :) LOL had to throw that in there :)

but you will do great no matter what!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You'll do great! I've read many of your posts, and you're a dedicated mama already... Just relax and enjoy these final moments with baby in belly, soon you'll get to hold your little bundle... I am completely jealous!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was so scared when I was induced. I just kept reminding myself that soon I would be holding that precious baby that I fell in love with 9 months ago. That got me through it pretty well.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm sure you have heard all the crap about it being more painful But its not the only time I was in pain is before the ep. and after that I just slept until time to push. don't be worried and congrats hope you have a wonderful experience!

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't know you, but I still wanna give you a hug and tell you that the pain goes away, but the joy lasts forever!
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 10:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Savor those few moments right after the baby arrives. That feeling of awe and wonder can never be duplicated. It is honestly THE BEST feeling in the world. Don't feel obligated to be nice to the rest of the family and friends. When you get ready for alone time with the baby and DH, let them know. If you don't think you can then have someone else do it for you. Right after you have the baby walk as much as you can. They're not kidding when they say that it helps speed up the healing. I would take a few take-out menus so you can either have them deliver or you can call in some food and send someone after it b/c hospital food is YUCKY! lol. Take LOTS of pics!

Good luck and I hope it is as easy as possible for you!

renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i don't know you, but i've seen you here. when i was induced, i was ready to get that baby out of my belly! it was the most boring day of my life..until the pain erupted...luckily, i wouldn't dilate very much, and my blood pressure started rising...so i had a c-section. no worries, momma. it wasn't planned, and i didn't get to see the baby born, or wake up until hours after everyone else had their turn greeting my son into the world..but the c-section was easily recoverable, and well..i have no experience with pushing/birthing a baby. so, what i'm saying is, just try to relax. what happens will happen in a controlled environment, and there will be lots of help(nurses,pain meds,etc) around to see you through. just enjoy it, and say 'hello' to your baby for us.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Man, I was terrified the night before I was going to be induced. Terrified! But here's what happened so you can be prepared. First thing in the morning, they gave me an enema. Yuck! That was pretty painful because it was such a full feeling. I had to run to the bathroom. Then, they kept putting these tablets (was that the Pitocin?) in me to get me to dilate more. It took forever, and finally, almost a day later, I had my first contraction and it lasted 19 minutes long! And they say Pitocin causes contraction pain that's 4x worse than natural contractions. It was the worst pain I ever experienced--I thought I was going to die. Then, I got my epidural and the rest was a piece of cake. So try to get your epidural before you have that painful contraction. Good luck! I'm sooo jealous you get to meet your newborn soon.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• OMG OMG i cant wait to see your baby's pics when he FINALLY arrives!! I still remember all through my pregnancy, having a baby was just unreal for some reason. Up until I was about to push, can you believe I still couldn't see myself having a baby? Now, I can't see myself not being a mother. Just know that if giving birth was that BAD, nobody would ever have more than one baby. Shit, I didn't even get an epidural and had two 2nd degree tears, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Just the thought of no sleep makes me hesitate though..LOL. Don't worry. You'll do great and remember you have an awesome hubby that will always be there every step of the way, and later a baby that does the same! Good luck!
    P.S. I wanna know how long your labor was and the whole pushing thing.. hehe pm me or something when it's over (and when you actually find the time to)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 12:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008