Is there any couple's out there that need a surrogate thats younger than 21? you have to be 21 for EVERY agency.

I've been looking at surrogacy for almost 2 years now since i was 18 & everything sounds great. I love the idea of helping a couple who can't have a child of there own. But the problem is im almost 20 (in january) & no agency will even consider you unless your 21. It's defenetly something I want to do so I was wondering if anyone knew anyone or any agency where you didn't have to be 21?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That age guideline is there for a reason. When deciding to become a surrogate, you have to be done having children for yourself. Which most 21 year olds aren't. Just wait for it and when the time comes, your will be a great surrogate. I tried but didn't complete a journey myself and wish you all the best...when you're ready.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Also, you must live in a surrogacy friendly state. If you live in Washington, Nebraska, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Wyoming, or Delaware, then you will not be able to be a surrogate.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2010