I am almost sad...

My son is going back to college in the am.. He is on the West Coast were on the East. I am getting sad already. He leaves at the crack of dawn to go.. Sheesh. Why didn't any one tell me this happens?
Do you get this way when your kids leave?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I am just going to go with dd when it is time for college! Poor thing...lol!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• my kids are 8,4, and 2 but I live 4 hrs away from my mom she bawls like a baby everytime she has to leave or if we leave her house after a visit
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• well my kids are babies, but i already know im going to be sad when they leave for college. When i moved out my moms house she didnt feel sad or cry,she was actually happy lol.
    LaMamiDeJase

Answer by LaMamiDeJase at 12:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No. I am always ready for them to leave!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I love the word 'bittersweet.'

When my kids leave, I am so proud of them... so thankful for so much of the time we spent together... so awed by their growth, development and power... and yes, sad that they won't be where I prefer them (which is with me, whatever they're doing)...

It's a set: tremendous gratitude and sadness. I wouldn't change it for anything.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• YES- my daughter has graduated college but, still lives in Fort Lauderdale,FL where she went to school & i live in Raleigh,NC- it still takes me a day or two to get myself back together when she leaves- Sending Hugs to you!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I am not feeling like this about my college son leaving (he doesn't go back until the 12th) because we talk every night and I know that he'll be back home before we know it for summer. I am, however, feeling this way about my soldier son who leaves on Monday morning to go back to GA. I am not sure when we'll see him again (possibly March, probably April) & when we do it'll just be for a day or two in GA. I have no clue when he'll be back here to our house, most likely not until December UNLESS he deploys by the end of the year and then he MIGHT come home before he deploys (after having my oldest deployed for 15 mos. while he was in the Army I am REALLY hoping that my soldier son doesn't come home until Dec. because that will mean that he didn't deploy in '11) . Saying see ya later to him is going to break my heart! It's been so nice having him here since the 18th....it went by way too fast!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I use to do the same thing. and then one day after those 4 yeas he was home for good again, it made him the man he is today.

Answer by older at 1:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I will be happy when my son goes to college, then I know that I did a good job raising him, that he is intelligent and independent. I can talk with him on the phone, email, Facebook, text messages. There are planes and cars to go see him. I raised him to someday be a man and live his life, to grow and spread his wings. I will be sad, lonely, but still happy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I can't stand for mine to be away. But hey when they come back and you get just as aggravated as when they were there before it seems like they were never gone.lol
    bertie4

Answer by bertie4 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011