what would you do?

ok so my son is gunna be 4 in may and the majority of the time he flat out ignores me whenever i ask him to do anything! he always follows me around the house no matter where i go or what i do he follows. i cleaned the kitchen for four hours today and he followed me around the kitchen while i did it.
not only does he ignore everything i say but he will randomly come up and hit you for no reason. i just dont know what to do anymore.
help.....

19_klayton

Asked by 19_klayton at 11:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you talked to him about why he hits you for no reason? Try talking to him about why he's misbehaving and how it makes you upse and how you would really like it if he would be your big boy and do as he's told.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• yea he hits us then when he gets in trouble he says i wanna be good i wanna be good. same with the ignoreing me situation finally tonight i just ignored him and after a couple hours he came and told me sorry.
    19_klayton

Comment by 19_klayton (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Have you talk to your Ped. about it?
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 1. Try taking a break from cleaning every so often and sit down and play with him a bit. 15-20 minutes of one on one mommy time can work wonders.

2. Let him help you clean. I give my son a rag, spray cleaner on the fridge and cabinets and I let him wipe those. Then when it's time to sweep, he gets a turn, then I get a turn.

I've found that when I do either of these, my son behaves 10x better. If I don't take breaks or let him help, he becomes...well, a bit of a jerk. He turns 4 in February.

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Bite him! No, I am only teasing, enjoy it because before you know it he will be a teen and you will wish he was following you around again.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011