would this annoy you?

one of my friends always complains about being stuck at home with her kids, she has 6 of them all a year apart and 3 still in diapers. tonight she posted on fb that she is bored cause she cant find a sitter and she rather go to the bars. its like then why did u have them? im "stuck at home" with my kids and im enjoying it. but then again i go to school full time so i cherish every momnent i have with them.
do u know ppl who complain about having kids? do u get annoyed? do u tell them what u think about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• That would definitely annoy me, too. I think it's especially sad for the kids. We all make sacrfices to become parents, but for most of us, it's all worth it. I think we all miss our "old" lives, to some degree, but I know I wouldn't trade my son for anything. Unfortunately, I think we all know a mom or two like that, or have come across them in our lives. It's just really sad to see kids growing up with parents who resent them (but the parents take no precautions to prevent pregnancy), when there are so many wonderful couples out there who have been trying for years to have a baby. But that goes back to the whole life's-not-fair thing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• As the mother of 8 children, the youngest just a year old my answer is no, why would that annoy me. It's a Friday night, my husband is at work it is New Years Eve and it sucks that I have no where to go and no one to hang with. That doesn't mean I don;t love my children, or think any less of motherhood, it means it is a lot of work to have kids and she is feeling lonely and if she is anything like me...bored. Children are great but so is adult time and adult conversation. You go to school, you get adult interaction, it makes a difference.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The only think I can say it is that being a mom is a LOT of work. Maybe she just need a mommie time, six children are a lot and she is just asking for some time off. I don't know her but I think, she needs a break. jmo
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't get annoyed --I laugh.

People are endlessly entertaining, in my experience. The sheer number of people who have followed this dingbat's lead is hilarious: 1. choose something preventable and entirely optional --really overdo it... 2. act like it's someone else's problem, fault, choice, responsibility, or whatever, and complain endlessly. Because complaining magically makes everything go away, yup, it shore do, darlin'.

Yeah. That's the path to happiness.

Kindly, though, they at least give all the normal people something to laugh at, even if it's totally accidental.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It would annoy me a lot. She needs to rethink her priorities.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think I was like that after my first for a little while because I was still getting use to the life change, but now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I would assume after 6 kids you would have the mindset that you are NEVER going to go out :) I understand wanting to go out, but do you really think someone is going to give up their free New Years to watch 6 kids? Someone should tell her to make the most of it, because it goes by too fast!! Although I'm speaking from someone playing on the computer while both kids and DH are already sleeping.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know anyone who does that, but it would make me mad. I work full time and go to school, so I don't get to see my son nearly as much as I would like. I also can't afford to have 6 kids even though that is my dream...I don't understand why people have a ton of kids or are SAHMs and don't value what they have. I WISH...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I do know people who complain. My motto is if you don't like it change it. So if you don't have a sitter get one, if you don't have free time make free time. I know plenty of people who act like they only want to get away. I think it's sad.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• She has 6 and she feels she can share with you. IDK maybe she has little fantasies of going out without 'lil ones. We all do now and again.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If someone is "always" complaining about something, then yes it gets annoying. I know I get annoying when I tell my husband that I get tired of not being able to get out of the house after week much less a month. We all have that problem at some point. I, myself, would not be able to handle 6 children. There is a reason God only allowed me to have two. Being a SAHM and a student leaves little time for adult interaction and conversation that is greatly needed. How much can a 6 yo talk about that would stimulate an adult brain, even with adult humor? Not too much.....
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 5:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011