My almost 3 year old....

Is yet to be potty trained. He could care less. We have tried everything. Pull ups, bribing him with candy when he went #1 and #2. He just has no interest but I want him potty trained soon. I have heard not to push them but my daughter was trained at 1 and a half so to me this is crazy. He will go in the potty when he feels like it and when he doesn't he won't. Any advice please!!

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used the 3 day method, and DS was trained in a day and a half. If you'd like the ebook, you can PM me your email address. I swear by it!! It takes A LOT of patience, but if you're very consistent and stick by the book, you can do it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I've always heard boys are harder than girls. I dont know from personal experience cause i have all girls but my friend has a 3 yr old boy who is almost 4 and he just got potty trained a week ago. good luck
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• Boys take longer, I have heard about 3 to 3.5 is normal. Give him time. When he can hold it all night. THen get cloth undies (Gerber makes a good thick training pants) They are cloth so they will get him wet and messy, that usually is a good motivator. Add that to a nice bribe and you may have a trained boy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I've done the underware thing and he will still pee them and not care. And I too have heard that boys are harder to train but do they have to be this hard?? lol
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• boys are a lot harder than girls to potty train and they do it a lot later in general...the more you push it, the less likely he will be to do it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son is doing the same thing. He will go pee on the potty no problem, but refuses to go poop. He will go pee, then 5 minutes later will poop in his diaper. He knows he isn't supposed to do it, but he has this strange aversion to pooping int the potty...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2011