What has to happen?

Most of us agree the government is getting too much power. What has to happen to change it? I'm talking about major change, like hitting the reset button and going back to basics.

Are the American people going to wake up and overthrow the government?

Will there have to be a war on American soil?

Will another country take us over?

What is everyones opinion? Is there any way fix this mess?

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 11:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hahaha yea we should all protest the government. Like that would go far. I totally agree with you but I have no clue what it would take. Back in the day it wasn't about Power it was about what was best. Alot of people didn't like Clinton as president but I did. His personal life was no one's business and he did a damn good job at being president after that it was all about Power.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• This is a VERY good question, I wish I knew the answer...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• This kind of freaks me out to think about.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• There is a very simple answer. You live in a democracy , you have a vote, use it . If enough people think as you do, you are in a position to bring about change. I doubt whether ' going back to basics ' will have much resonance as the world has changed and going backwards into the future is not an option .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Going back to basics doesn't mean going backwards. It means decluttering the government of the crap that doesn't work or is no longer useful. Going back to basics would allow us to move into the future with better resources because we wouldn't be squandering them on junk.

I think it's time to declutter the government. If we don't need it; if we have a duplicate of it; if it no longer functions the way it was intended to -- get rid of it. Just like we would do in our homes.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Absolutely agree May
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• There is a very simple answer. You live in a democracy , you have a vote, use it . If enough people think as you do, you are in a position to bring about change.

***
    Yeah, well unfortunately the people that used their voting power got us Obama...because they wanted CHANGE...and look where that got us!! *sigh*

I think if anything, going back to voting basics, means that not EVERYONE should be allowed to vote--ie: those under 25/college students, those still living at home with their parents, those who have not filed their OWN tax returns, and those who cannot pass a basic civics test! Just a thought! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I see alot of people asking if there will be a war or if we will overthrow the Government and I doubt we will. We Americans are too lazy, and busy watching American Idol to actually do anything. This is not the same time it was back when the Civil War happened. Imagine lets say your neighbor picking up a gun and taking to the streets and being willing to shoot other neighbors over their beliefs? Do you really think that would happen?
    As for change, we need to continue to vote out the people who are causing problems. The politicians sent to speak for us who dont need to go. Nov 2010 was a start, but we need to continue and make sure we put people in we want there, and not keep voting for the same morons. If we dont then its simple. China will call its markers on the money we borrowed and we will all speak Chinese soon enough.

Answer by gemgem at 9:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Reset button sounds great
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think if anything, going back to voting basics, means that not EVERYONE should be allowed to vote--ie: those under 25/college students, those still living at home with their parents, those who have not filed their OWN tax returns, and those who cannot pass a basic civics test! Just a thought! :o)

I agree with this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2011