Is it wrong for hubby to tell you girls asked him to dance??

Hubby is deployed, they had a New year celebration were they were allowed to drink. He emailed me telling me about it but also adding in there that they were allowed to wear civilian clothes and that everyone was checking each other out...and also that two girls in two different occasions asked him to dance. He said he told them no cuz his married. But don't see the meaning of him telling me if he didn't do anything. I didn't say anything to him but felt hurt for him telling me this. I don't know if it was better if he didn't say anything or what. Am I overreacting?

epgirl

Asked by epgirl at 11:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be a bit suspicious. That he would tell you this, with the possibility that you'd get jealous, or to see how you will react, but nothing even happened. hmm, I'd be pondering but right now, while he's deployed I'd stay low key on it, wait until he is safe at home to investigate further.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know. I know it's got to be really hard with him away and I'm sure that even the most trusting relationships worry a little. I think he was maybe just trying to be honest with you. I would only tell my husband that if I was trying to make him a little jealous like "hey! I'm hot stuff". Maybe just give it a week and if you are still bothered by it, talk to him. Don't let it go longer if your still bother because you don't want to bottle up an issue - never goes well for me.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• While I do think you are over-reacting, I think it is more because of the emotions of deployment. I believe he told you what he said because it is his way of reassuring you that he is not going to cheat and that he is faithful to you.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yup. He probably thought it was such a 'no big deal' that no one would care at all... which is probably why he told you about it. If it was a big deal to him --or he thought it would be to you-- he'd have danced around it and avoided talking about it.

My husband routinely dances with people while he's deployed. Since I know him really well and trust him completely, I also dance with people while he's away. Since neither of us dance where clothes are removed, it's no biggie.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• BE GLAD HE TOLD YOU HE DIDNT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would want to know if it was me. If it bothers you then you should talk to him about it but be prepared for him not to tell you next time something like that next time if he takes you the wong way.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't think its wrong I think it was the right thing to do. It shows his love and commitment to your relationship by being open and honest. Be lucky you have a man who knows the importance of communication.

DelilahMarie

Answer by DelilahMarie at 12:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it is the right thing to do. It is all in the way you react to the situation though. if he is doing it to be upfront and honest about what is going on then there is not reason to be suspicious, but if he is doing it maybe to make you jealous, then yes it would be wrong. i frequently see this with one of my friends husbands, he has no reserve about telling us everything every chick says or does when we all go out together.
    COWGIRLinPEARLs

Answer by COWGIRLinPEARLs at 12:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• uhh okay so he turned them down but decided to tell you tht he was asked two times to dance and that everyone was checking each other out? weird, maybe he's trying to get a reacation out of you?
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i actually would want know that stuff, he is just being honest with you be thankful for that
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2011