bed wetting before he even falls asleep. could it be a medical issue?

ok so i have an issue. he is almost 4 years old and he is potty trained or at least he was. he uh has started peeing his bed right before he even falls asleep. he even goes to the bathroom before he goes to bed but he still pees before he falls asleep. sometimes he does the same thing during the day. its like he is forgetting or something. but he doesnt have this issue at school. so whats up? could it be a medical issue?
what do you guys think? would you worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD does this same thing. She has attention issues and is in therapy they think she may have add/adhd but she is too young to diagnose. She focuses so hard on what she is doing she forgets to go pee. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your son.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My daughter is younger that your son but she's been potty trained for several months now. This past week she has peed on the couch, in her bed, and in the floor twice. Each time was while she was wide awake. I don't know what the deal is. I think she was just so into whatever she was doing at the time she made the choice not to go or was too lazy. If you say your son is peeing before he goes to bed he may not be emptying his bladder all the way and when he gets in bed and is relaxed he may release the rest of it but not intentionally. If it keeps happening I would at least mention it to his pediatrician. Good luck!
    brittcw87

Answer by brittcw87 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would say that he is getting away with it. My oldest peed on the floor in the bathroom several times and then one day I got on to her big time and from then on she did not. Try calling his bluff!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 1:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Have you ever heard of less is more?
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my ds wears goodnight pull ups at bedtime and has to put on daytime(real) underwear as soon as he wakes up...
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2011