Anyone else feel bad for Dick Clark?

he's getting older and older! I hope he stays around!

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• I grew up watching Dick Clark and he always seemed so timeless, like he would ALWAYS be there. This last year, he looked fragile and he's lost a LOT of weight. It kind of hurts to watch him because I don't know how much longer he'll be with us.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah, last year he looked pretty bad. It's always sad to see the people we grew up watching get old and start to wither away. I especially feel bad that he was replaced by SEACREST. Eeew.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• He did really good. Last year he did not look so good.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i felt bad for him last year...havent seen him this year yet..(its only 932here) hes so awesome tho!!! i love him!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I do, but I haven't seen him yet. Just turned it on a few minutes ago and go the n'Sync, NKOTB performance.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I just said in another post I love Dick Clark and will be really sad when he retires but if that's as recovered as he will be from his stroke I sort of wish he'd retire gracefully; it's sad to watch him now and think of him as he was...he's way put in more than his fair share of time; between this annually for decades; the bandstand; the radio shows; the voiceover work etc...he's had a full life; relax and enjoy the rest of it Dick; you deserve it.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• "I especially feel bad that he was replaced by SEACREST. Eeew."

****

He wasn't exactly 'replaced' and Seacrest seems to be his heir apparent since he also does Dick's old Top 40 on the radio as well etc...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I soooo agree with beachmama, it hurts me to see him this way. We didn't even watch last night. I admire him for working so hard to overcome the stroke, but for those of us who grew up with him, it's painful to watch.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• well of course but i didn't see him last night....how was he?
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Not there yet, its only 9:30 here. I wonder if I will make it,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2011