Can she hear us?

I'm 28 weeks 6 days pregnant and I talk to my baby girl all the time. My boyfriend talks to her as well and I know that she'll probably recognize my voice once she comes out, but will she recognize his? He's not around as much as I am, obviously. I just want her to know who her daddy is.

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just recently ran across some research: babies' brains respond very differently to their mother's voices compared to any other voices, no matter what they're saying or what language they're speaking in.

When anyone but mom is speaking, the auditory (ear-connection) parts of the brain light up, but when mom speaks the language part of the brain lights up. Mom's voice is initially the ONLY voice that lights up the language centres of a child's brain.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:42 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• They will know the voices in my opinion. My daughter did. So cute. Enjoy that baby girl "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• YES!! They can definitely hear inside the womb! They will get familiar with the voices that are around a lot. My friend's son TOTALLY recognized MY voice when he was born!! It was so cool being able to soothe him. Have your BF talk to your tummy (if he's comfortable with it) when he's around. It will make a difference. DH used to read to our son, and you could tell DS definitely recognized his voice right away.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• She will know his voice as long as he's around on a regular basis.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes, all those sounds that she hears now will be familiar to her once she is born.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yes, they can hear you both. You are more clear, but she can hear him too.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011