WOULD YOU PUT A CHILD UP FOR ADOPTION IF YOU KNOW FINICALLY YOU AREN'T ABLE TO CARE FOR IT. OR WOULD YOU STRUGGLE AND KEEP IT BECAUSE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT LOSING YOUR CHILD TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Adoption

• It depends on how badly I would struggle. If I were living in a cardboard box, I would probably give the child up. But if I had to apply for aid and get rid of some luxuries, I would keep it.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• This is such a tough question. I had my son when I was 20 and thought for a long time that I couldn't afford him nor could I be the great mother he needed because of my age. I considered adoption because I loved him enough to want him to have a chance at a better life. I went as far as calling the agency because I was ready to look into giving him a chance at something better then what I was offering. The woman on the other line of the phone sat there while I tried to sob out the words and told me "honey if it hurts this much you'll make it through the tough times, keep your baby it gets better." I took the advice and went home and held my son and cried and thanked the Lord that I learned I couldn't follow through with that. While I was broke today I was not going to be broke in ten years to make the best of it and just try to survive through the tough time.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't think I would have the strength to give my child up. I know that there are people in the world who do give up their children, but I don't know how. I would absolutely do everything in my power to keep my family together. The only reason that I would even consider that option is if I were homeless and even then I would fight for a way to keep us together. Material stuff is just that, unless it becomes an issue of not being able to feed my children. I can't begin to imagine what might cause a parent to give up a child, and I honestly don't want to.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I feel that if it's my child then it's my responsibility to care for him/her no matter how hard it is. I would apply for help and then work my butt off to keep my child happy, healthy, and with the only person that could love him/her the most.
    Anonymous

• 17 years ago I would have said "adoption" but today I would say, no, no adoption. I would do whatever it took to keep my child. As long as we had a roof over our heads & food, nothing else matters. No matter what anyone else tried to tell me I would do every single thing imaginable to keep my child with me. Because to me now what matters the most is that I am there for my children. They can survive just fine without designer clothes or horseback riding lessons. Just because somebody else might be able to give my child more material goods is pointless if my child is left to wonder why I didnt love them enough to keep them by my side.
    Anonymous

• neither. I kept my son because I knew we were just in a temporary financial rough spot.

plus on top of that he is my flesh and blood, a spark of my soul. I could never give that up no matter what. giving him to some one else would leave a hole in my heart that could never be filled, and from what my adopted friends say, he too would have a hole in his heart that could never be filled.
    Anonymous

• I had my first baby at 19. I lived between my parents and my ex's parents house. They supported us and the baby for the first year while he finished school. It was tough, but there was no way I would have given up the baby. I couldn't answer this question if I hadn't any family though... sorry.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i would keep (him or her) it not the baby fault. and if u going to have money problems well there is help, you just need to look... that's no reason why you should give up the baby..
    Daisy1331

Answer by Daisy1331 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If it's just about finances, I would keep the baby and struggle until I could make a better life for us. There are plenty of options when it comes to applying for help with financial issues. If I knew I just could NOT raise this child because I just wasn't ready for it yet, then yes, adoption would be an answer.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 10:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I MEAN IF YOU HAVE NO FAMILY TO HELP YOU NO FRIENDS AND YOUR ALL ALONE, OR YOU HAVE A KID AND YOU ARE A SINGLE PARENT STRUGGLING TO PROVIDE AND GO TO SCHOOL AND MONEY AINT RIGHT. THEN YES , I THINK YOU SHOULD DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND YOU LIFE. IT'S NOT THAT YOU DON'T LOVE HIM OR HER. YOU KNOW THAT DOING IT ALONE IS A STRUGGLE AND YOU TRING TO DO BETTER. YOU SHOULD DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND FOLLOW YOUR FIRST MIND.NOT JUST YOUR HEART
    HottMOM101

Answer by HottMOM101 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008