Who is paying this bill!!?

My mil has been here for months uuuggghhh! Anyway my house has individual heaters with thermostats in EVERY room. (not my idea) mil has been turning them all as high as they go (80) even in rooms we do not use! I am constantly saying why? And turning them down! If this continues my bill will be a small fortune! Dh just let's it be and she knows it bothers me yet nothing changes.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 2:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• she will be payin it and i would unplug them and lock the doors i cant stand when ppl do that come to ur house and adjust ur things !!
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would tell DH that he needs to step in and say something...can you change the dors to have locks on them and keep them locked so she cant go in a room that is never used to raise the heat? I would understand if she wanted her room a little warmer but not the whole house.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• OMG I'd be pissed, and I'd also be making her pay the ENTIRE bill!
    aubrianasangel

Answer by aubrianasangel at 2:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Your home, you pay the bills. What you say goes and she shouldn't complain about it. If she's cold, she can wear slippers and layers.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• grin and bear it??? No way. if your DH wont step in and talk to her, lock the thermostats so she cannot change the temp. If you have to, get those clear boxes they put over the ones in public places.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would either make him say something to her or I would find a way to lock all of the thermostats. If she can't respect you in your own home, she can leave.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have to agree with TAM about the bills. When your DH sees the first bill, he may get a clue about the problem with your MIL. In the meantime, just talk with your DH about the problem.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I know...my parents do the same thing when they visit. This is one of those things You kinda have to grin and bear it.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• She's been with you 4 months? You poor thing :( Has she ever offered to help? I'd get hubby involved and insist she pay for at least 1/2 off the bill. I don't know what your living arrangements are with her, but thats the least she could do.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I agree your home your rules, if its one room then thats understandable but the whole house ?? I would talk to my DH and ask him to talk to her about it. My mom is always cold and instead of turning the heat way up and using up a lot of gas( they run on propane ) and frying the rest of us she would put on a sweater or something.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011