Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sexual Issues adult content

I was molested by 3 different people over the course of the first 13 years of my life. I never was able to see a counselor because my family didn't want anyone to know about it. One of the people was a cousin, one was my grandfather and the other was a neighbor adult. Due to what happened to me, I have SERIOUS issues with sex. I freak out if I have to be naked. I CAN'T do a lot of sexual things because I start to panic...and I absolutely freak out when anything to do with porn comes up. (part of what made all of it end was because someone wanted to take pictures of me and I panicked and told my dad what was going on.)

I want to get better, but I don't know how or where to start...I don't even have anyone to talk to because I can't afford a counselor and my family still refuses to talk about it.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Damn. I'm mad and heartbroken for you. I was molested by my father as a child and I have yet to seek counselling. Sexual issues just don't go away overnight. It has taken me years to become comfortable with certain sex acts, much less my own sexuality. I'd still recommend seeking counselling if you can. Perhaps you have a local Mental Health board that can provide scaled services?  

    There are online support groups and even RL groups meetings. Check out ->

    I've found AMAC publications and books to be a huge help. Reaching out and talking about this, or even writing it out helps a lot. Thank you for reaching out. Not everyone does. It takes great bravery to reach out and to talk about this. 


    Answer by isabellalecour at 10:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

  • My heart goes out to you. No child should suffer as you did. There are counselors and groups that work with those that do not have insurance or the funds. Check with your local mental health agencies. It will be soooo much better for you. Talking with someone who can work with you with this type of trauma will be benefical to you more so than just chatting about it. I do know that there are some clinics that will help just check out the yellow pages. Please do this!!!! Even if your family doesn't want to talk or acknowledge this, you still need to get yourself taken care of. Let me know how things are going, please.

    Answer by guyandtoni01 at 5:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

  • I would do a online chat group too or because speaking to someone thats in the same situation as u is the only thing that will help the situation no 1 wants to talk about it so finding someone who truly no's ur pain is ur best bet

    Answer by premiemom18 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011