He scared me

My husband never drinks. Maybe once or twice a year. Last night he got pretty drunk and stupid. I told him to go to bed, and that I was done trying to deal with him. He got so pissed off that I wanted to sleep on the couch that he tried to pull me up by my hair, yelled at me, and tried to tip the couch over with me on it. It really scared me. Hes never shown this type of behavior before. Should I excuse it because he was drunk? How should I address this with him, or should I even bring it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Has he ever been drunk before? I would talk with him about it when he is sober and awake. Let him know that it scared you and you do not want it to happen again. Ask him why would he do that to you. If he does not remember, then it was the alcohol. Otherwise, just keep the alcohol out of the picture.
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 6:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It only get worse from there no matter how 'sorry' he is and regardless what he promises, drunk or not makes no difference, set an examply of him or else him and anyone after him will assume its okay with you.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 6:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• How long have you been with him ? If you've been with him for five or ten years for example and this is the first, then I say go with what Anonymous is saying above.......BUT if you've been with him for only a year or two, take this as a huge red flag ! I've been there and kingkongsmom above me has hit the nail on the head....it really does only get worse from here....it's like a dog getting their first taste of blood !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2011