Do the non-questions in the Answers section bother you?

And if so, why? I am just curious--I see a lot of people complaining or pointing out to the OP when there's not a clear question asked. Sometimes people are venting or perhaps describing a situation they are in and obviously wanting feedback from others, but they don't ask a point-blank question. It does not bother me in the least; like everything else, if I don't like it I just skip it. I assume that the OP has posted it in Answers because she's new and doesn't know any better, or she likes the ladies in Answers and wants to get their feedback, or she understands that she will probably get more responses in Answers than in a journal post. But it seems to get under the skin of some of you, and I'm just wondering why. I'm not trying to start an argument. I would just like to understand why it's so bothersome.

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 7:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It doesn't bother me. Sometimes the question is implied or you have to read between the lines a bit to figure out what the OP needs/wants to hear as a response. I agree a vent section would be awesome.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Well, it IS the Answers section - it's where you ask questions to get answers..how is one supposed to get the answers they seek if they can't supply a question? ;P But it only bothers me sometimes..it depends on the topic, I suppose.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Doesn't really bother me either. I think CM should have a "Vent" section though so people can do just that without women jumping on them for not asking a question.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it doesnt bother me, it never has. sometimes i like reading those kind of posts than actual questions. i haven't the slightest idea why it would bother some people on here.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If they are open to feedback no. If they want to vent and then tear into anyone who makes suggestions that don't align perfectly with their views, then yes. If you don't want help with the issue, write a journal post.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• To me Nice always matters!! Be nice, helpful, caring and kind. That's how I am. It doesn't b otter me! Nor does typical misspellings!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Depends on the subject - Happy New Year to the people in the (whatever section the person normally posts in) section, no biggie. Posting a rant about fire safety 20 times in 15 different categories...not so much.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• no I just give feedback if i can or try to offer some advice
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No it doesnt bother me at all.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If they state that it isn't a question then I'm okay with it. I don't mind people ranting, sharing a story, or what have you. However, it's when they go into it saying "I have a question", but never actually make a point to ask one that bothers me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2011