swollen hands in the morning?

every morning when i wake up my hands are freakin huge. my left hand is always bigger than the other, but im also a lefty so i use it more. im just wondering if i should get this swelling thing checked out? i feel fine, they dont feel tingly or numb they're just always very swollen in the morning. and im not pregnant. is this unusual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• You could be consuming too much sodium rich foods that are causing you to retain a bunch of water. I'm always swollen and puffy the next morning if I've eaten too much food with sodium, pizza is a big one for me. PP is right, if sodium is not the problem then a visit to the Dr would be a good idea.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• could be youre retaining water. hows your blood pressure? prob oughta go see your dr bc you might need a water pill.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You may have high Blood pressure. If you do, you should take a blood pressure pill with a water pill in it. Go to your Dr. as soon as you can.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i did eat some spicy wings last night and had like 4 beers. and we had pizza for dinner before that. sounds like a sodium overload probably....by mid-morning the swelling has gone down. i hope this is the only problem. i just went to the doctor a few months ago and i was healthy as a horse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2011