any special plans today or is it just another day for you?

happy new year

my husband and i are going to the Outback Bowl, kid free! they spent the night with grandma last night and we won't be getting them back til 5 pm. not gonna lie, i havent been away from them for that long in a while, and im missing them already lol! but other than the game (we're rooting for the Gators btw :) ) we're not cooking anything special or visiting anyone. i know a lot of people do though so im just curious what your plans are for today. and of course, im starting day 1 of the year with a cold :( booo!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• It's just another day for me. I plan to go to church later, my son will be stoppingy by on his return to Boston, so 'll just hang out most of the day at home. Maybe I'll remember to catch a parade on TV.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It's the end of Jan 1st here, and we spent the day taking down our Christmas tree, etc, and getting the house put back together (for the most part - we've decided to keep some of the non Christmas specific decorations up).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• DSD and I will be driving my grandaughter halfway back to her home. We'll meet my two sons and daughter-in-law and we'll have lunch, then I and my step-daughter will drive back to my house. She, I and DH will have dinner, and then in the morning she goes back to her home in Tallahassee.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Dd wants to go shopping. Kohl's is having a big sale and I too am starting out the new year with a cold or something.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• just another day with the exception of the pounding headache and all over hangover fun...
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We are going to my mom's for dinner and just hanging out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Just another day in the neighborhood. I do pick my kids up from the in-laws today though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It's just another day, I'm just wondering if the stores are going to be closed for this too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Just another day for us. I will b e taking my son to his dads, coming home and probably going back to bed or sitting in front of the computer LOL. I do plan to take down the tree and put everything away. Other then that nothing.

Answer by gemgem at 9:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It's just another day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:34 AM on Jan. 1, 2011