What is OK to take if preggy & constipated? adult content

It's been a long time ladies. I'm starting to feel a little sick. I'm eating lots of fiber & drinking tons of water... DH takes Miralax a lot, and even my pediatrician said it's ok to give 1/4 the dose of an adult's dose to 2 yr old DD if she's having problems... so I would think it's safe for pregnancy. I'm just asking because we have Miralax on hand & I don't feel like leaving. Do you think it's OK to take? My dr. isn't in today... of course every time I have a question they're not in. I don't feel this is THAT crucial a question to call the exchange. What do you think?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call the pharmacy you use, they can tell you that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would try some prune juice. And you may feel like you are drinking tons of water but you need quite a bit of fluids when preggo. If it isn't painful then see if you can wait. If it is call and ask.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Besides prune juice and a lot of water, or things like metamucil, you can get colace prescribed to you. I had to take it at the end my last pregnancy. My little one was laying right on my tubes down there and pooping was aweful.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• :P I saw colace posted somewhere else. Maybe I'll look into it. My 34 week dr. appt is Tuesday so I'll ask her. Thanks ladies!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Try eating some Activia yogurt. It has the probiotics in it and I have found it very helpful. Also, there's nothing in it that would harm you nor your baby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Colace and other stool softeners are ok. Laxatives of any kind are not recommended.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:28 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Anything that says docusate sodium is fine - which are stool softeners. I brought the generic ones at Walgreens. You are not suppose to take laxative because they can bring on contractions.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I take a small glass of prune juice and POW!!!!!! Also my Dr. said I can take Colace. Ask your OBGYN for a Prenatal vitamin with a stool softener in it. They really work.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Plain water enema. Its instant, drug free, safe.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• fruits
    non-starchy vegetables
    legumes
    whole grains
    water
    no dairy or meat

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011