If you could own a home anywhere, where would it be and why?

I would want to own a home on the Outer Banks of NC. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh, OP, you are such a wise woman. I live in eastern NC. The Outerbanks from VA to SC are the most wonderful. Right now, though, I really wish we had my grandfathers cottage on the Pamlico River near Washington, NC. there is something about that river.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I really like where we are and we own our home here so I guess I'm happy. I do think once the kids are ready to move out we may sell this one and move again. He used to want to move to the desert, but thankfully a trip there changed his mind (I would HATE living there). Now I think we are talking about the south. We have been to Georgia a few times and it's very nice there. I also really like Tennessee.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Either Alaska, or Durango, Colorado. They are the most gorgeous places I have ever seen and there is so much to do outdoors, especially in Alaska.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I love where I live, on a barrier island on the east coast of Florida, not far from Daytona beach. The river is our back yard, I love watching the many birds, dolphins and fishing and boating is great. I can go out the front door, walk the distance of a city block, and I'm walking on what's called "The World's Most Beautiful Beach" on the Atlantic Ocean where turtles nest. Great surfing and fishing in the area. Just down the road is a beautiful lighthouse. It's a quiet place, no highrise condos allowed, no businesses except for a marina with a great restaurant. Only 7 miles across to the mainland to very nice shopping areas. I've lived in enough different places to know this is ideal for my family.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I own my home in Raleigh NC and I would never want to live anywhere else! Close to the beach and the mountains, we have great schools, a relatively low unemployment rate, and a pretty good climate. It doesn't get any better!

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Somewhere in Europe, probably Ireland.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Hawaii, need I say more?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• On the coast in a warmer climate. I'd travel and spend the winters there, so I can escape the cold, cold winters or Michigan.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thats a tough one, I would like the beach some where but then, If I lived on the beach I would probably miss the snow. So I have no idea!!!
    momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2011