Abortion: If you couldn't have one.. Why do you support someone else's doing it?

On both sides I have heard.. I couldn't .... But then they fill in the gap saying but I won't stop someone else..

Pro Choice.. I couldn't have an abortion myself.. but I won't stop someone else.. from doing something I myself would never do..

Pro Life... I don't beleive in abortion.. But in cases of rape, incest etc.. I think it is ok..

Each statement contradicts the owners own beleif that the act of abortion is not "OK"

ANY ONE GOT AN ANSWER TO THIS?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 9:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm Pro Life, against abortion and think that more information needs to be available about adoption..and maybe make the process a bit easier. I think too many people just think, "well if I get pregnant I'll have an abortion," or have parents that will force an abortion, as mine basically did. From all I've learned about it, I believe fully that it's murder (from a biblical and non-biblical perspective). I will not, however, judge a person who decides to. That's not my place. That is between them and God and I know that in many cases it is an extremely painful (emotionally) experience, as it was in my case. I also come from it from the perspective that I was adopted and I am so thankful that my bio-mom chose life for me. So I may be a bit biased, but IMO, abortion as an easy way out is selfish, and adoption is selfless.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My understanding is that pro choice - it is the womans own choice, so regardles if You couldn't do it yourself it is HER choice, it doesn't matter what you could or couldnt do
    Pro life - no abortion even in the instance of rape I guess they would stupport adoption
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I 100% support a woman's choice to decide what is best for her life and body, just because I don't know that I could have one myself doesn't mean that I think that I should get to decide what is best for someone else
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Nothing is black and white when it comes to situations and choices of individual people.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Given the fact that I have never found myself faced with a situation where I would consider one, I don't think I have the right to tell someone what to do. Both my pregnancies were planned. I have never found myself pregnant due to rape or incest. I do not feel that people who haven't been in the situation where they might consider an abortion have the right to tell others what they would do.
    It's easy to say "I would NEVER have an abortion" when you have not been in a situation where you might actually consider one. Unless you have been there, I don't think one has the right to dictate what those IN that situation can choose to do.
    So Pro-Choice--
    Pro--meaning in favor of
    Choice--the right, power, or opportunity to choose.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Bottom line? My body, my choice. Your body your choice.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Pro Life... I don't believe in abortion.. But in cases of rape, incest etc.. I think it is ok..

Because in those cases you have to look at the big picture. This is not a reckless teenager or a woman using abortions as a way out of a bad decision. There are cases where it could be deemed as medically unreasonable for a person to carry a child to term. Mental health should be considered. rape, incest, health concerns with the mother and health concerns with the fetus only account to 4-6% of all abortions. The rest were preventable pregnancies and blatant acts of recklessness. Even BC failure is in the low percentages of abortions 'reasoning'.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Because its not my place, or yours, or the government's, to tell ANYONE, WOMAN OR MAN, what to do with THEIR OWN BODY. The same argument goes for euthanasia, and anything else an individual might choose (PRO-CHOICE) to do to themselves. If its not physically harmful(deadly) no one else can tell me what to do.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• While I don't support anyone else who wants to have an abortion, it's not my business to tell anyone what or how to do anything. I may voice my opinion that there are other things that could be done I'm not going to go all code pink on someone who as made that decision.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If you are against abortion, then you should not have one

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2011