Time to go pick my kids up form the in-laws...

How horrible is it that I don't want to get them yet!?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont think its horrible. My daughter spends every Friday with her grandma, and some of those Saturdays I feel like I havent had enough down time for myself. Being a mommy is hard work.

Answer by gemgem at 9:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Not horrible, just normal. It's nice to have alone time, and nice that they live close enough and are willing to take them. I never had that when mine were little. I try to take my granddaughter as much as possible, not that it's a problem. She's 10 now, and a real sweetheart. But when she was little, she lived closer, so it was more often. It was a lot of work, but I loved doing it. I want to help the parents have some alone time. That's important for a marriage to succeed.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I couldn't say.. i've never been in that position LOL.. The only time any of my kiddos have been away from me for the night is when my daughter stayed with my MIL while I was in the hospital having my son. I was sooo ready to be home with my little girl though that I practically begged the Dr to let me go home a day early!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol lucky u im with my 24/7 unless im at work :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• pretty horrible really. Don't you wan't to spend time with your child? I am a single mom, I work from home, my dd is almost never without me and I wouldn't have it any other way. When you become a parent, you must change your idea of fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011