my dd is 18 1/2 months old and is still using the elmo tooth brush with flouride free cleaning gel. It was a set. When Do I change her to a different toothpaste? What brand??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So far so good! you don't want to switch tooth paste until she is old enough to 'spit' my DD was around 2 and following directions well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When she can spit. My pediatrician recommended starting to use flouride toothpaste at 2, so if you can start practicing spitting with her now it would be good! When you change, it can be to any toothpaste - my kids liked the one with sparkles in it when they were little (don't remember the brand), but now have switched to Aquafresh (they like the 3 different colors). But when they were young, it seemed to help them brush more/remember to brush on their own if their toothpaste had a character they liked on it!

Answer by missanc at 9:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• at 2 is when the doctor gives the OK to put a small portion of normal toothpaste on the toothbrush. and when i say small portion, i mean like the tiniest dot you can muster lol. you can keep to the kids' toothpaste if you want to though. my kids have been on normal toothpaste since they both were 2. i just grab whatever is i bought the last time lol.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• age 2
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My fifteen year old still uses Toms strawberry

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I love the Koala Pals products from Melaleuca - they are natural ( no saccharine - sweetened with xylitol) and are less expensive than other natural toothpastes and natural products for children - they also have great toothbrushes for little ones :) If you would like more information please feel free to contact me through my Cafe Mom e-mail.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011