Has anyone tried the "Special K Challenge?"

What did you do and how did you do it?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You just swap either breakfast or lunch for a bowl of special K don't you? I haven't tried it though
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I started to, but when I got to the page where they mapped out your menu, you had to buy about every product they make. It was 2 different kinds of cereal daily, plus all the different bars. I have had cereal for dinner sometimes when dh is out of town and I don't have to cook, and I always lose a pound or two.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I couldn't get past the first day. that cereal just does not fill me up. BTW you can do it with any cereal. if you look at the boxes most have very few calories.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No, I often wanted to. Thinking I may want to try it and see if it really works.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• no i dont like their cereal
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When you replace two meals per day with two SMALL bowls of cereal, you'll definitely lose weight. Of course, it'll be the wrong way to lose it and you'll put it back on.

Seriously, you have to feed your body the right combination of protein/fiber/fat/carbs in order to properly fuel it and LOSE the weight. I had a trainer tell me once that unless I ate, and a lot (5-6 SMALL meals, daily), I'd never lose and keep it off. So far, she's been spot on.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No. It is definitely NOT a healthy diet.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Nope havent tried it wonder if it would work for me.....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• no
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011