Obama wants to work together?

Obama and congress spent 2 yrs working against the Republicans and America but has said now that the Republicans control the House and the Dems control the Senate he wants to work together. Why did he not want to work together when the Dems had total control. Does he think people will really take him seriously knowing he still believes in his agenda? Doesn't this make you think he is only saying he wants to work together?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont trust Obama at all, I don't think that he has the countries best intersest in mind. And he is just saying that he wants to work together, so he can try and get his agenda done, in a round about kinda way!!! This man is a man that we CANNOT trust!!!
    momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it means something different to him than it does to some of us. That said, if they don't work together he will look like an obstructionist. That can't be good for reelection. I don't know why he is putting out this sentiment before he even knows how the house and senate will work together. I thought we were all about 'wait and see'.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• – collapse
    leave Obama alone, he's awesome, he's done a great job so far.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:29 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Still with no examples. The guy sits in the most powerful seat in our country. No free passes from me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think it's time they start working together, ALL OF THEM. Yes, I support President Obama, but I think that everybody is spending too much time arguing and pointing fingers and placing blame. That is not helping anyone.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If he wants to work together why the recess appointments just as Republicans are about to take office? That is like me saying do you want the last peice of pie and then eating it in front you of.

Answer by gemgem at 10:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• He only wants to "work together" because the democrats no longer have control of the House. When the democrats had control, there was no need to ask, because they were all working together against America. The health care bill was just one example of how we are being railroaded by Obama into becoming a socialized nation. Sure, health care for everyone sounds wonderful, but at what price? If this goes through without repeal, we will be told what doctors we can see and what procedures we are allowed to have done - the way Socialist governments do things. He has also encouraged poverty by giving more and more welfare, WIC, and other social programs than any other president in the history of this country. Why work when you can get it for free, right? He has trampled on our Constitution and destroyed the image of the USA.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Before you support this man, make sure you know the facts, folks. Read up on the North American Union and the Amero. The currency has already been printed. Do you want to live in America or the North American Union (Canada, US and Mexico) and spend the U.S. dollar or the Amero??
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• He has no plans to work together. As I posted in an earlier, he will be illegally bypassing congress to get what he wants. Cap and trade through the EPA power grab, quasi fairness doctrine through net neutrality etc.. But hey, it all sounds good to the stupid.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I personally think he's out off options and looking for help from anyone
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2011