• In the Spotlight:

panic attack?

i was just in the shower, feeling fine and somewhat relaxed. i tend to get a little eerie in showers now ever since i had my 3rd baby, i dont know why. i just feel trapped in a way, but im usually able to get clean and get out fine. today, i felt like i needed more deep breaths. i kept trying to take them in and they wouldn't come. but i wasn't panicking, i just tried to keep calm. anyway, i went to reach for the conditioner and i felt funny all of a sudden. like my heart wasn't beating and i was frozen? i quickly looked out of the shower and into the open bathroom and told myself i was fine. but after the weird feeling went away, i was shaky and my heart racing. my hands were trembling and my legs felt like jello. now i just ate something and im realizing it could've been a sugar drop. but i cant explain that weird feeling. was it most likely just a panic attack? now im freaking out...=[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• Go to the doctor and explain it. It your blood pressure or sugar level has changed after your third pregnancy it can be quite a pain in the a**. If the doctor can't find anything than go to a counsellor. Panic attacks are from high level stress (3rd pregnancy, 3 children, baby around, etc.) so I would highly recommend to go to a counsellor. I hope you will be fine soon. Hugs.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It sounds like a panic attack. Have you talked to your doctor about it?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'd go to the dr too. And also have your thyroid checked. I use to have that happen and it was my thyroid.
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• well i saw the doctor a few weeks ago for a cold, my blood pressure was great (and i check it myself sometimes and it's always golden) and i had my sugar tested that same day and it was 79 but i hadn't eaten in 3 hours. i haven't talked about the panic attacks because they really only bother me in the shower or occasionally while im driving. but ive had a few of those episodes ive explained since i had the last baby....maybe 2 or 3 total in the whole year. its something i want to forget about instantly because it really freaks me out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Showers do that to me too sometimes. My thyroid was bad once, but I also suffer from depression and anxiety. Sometimes I get episodes where I feel like I am in a dream state and not "there" and it makes me anxious.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011