What could cause bleeding on the brain?

my son is 5 months old today 1-1-11...his head has been growing very large since birth it is now 19 3/4 inches. pediatrician though maybe hydrocephalus...ended up getting an mri and neurlogist stated he has bleeding on both sides of his brain..chronic subdural hematoma. the neurologist and neurosurgeon said its due to shaken baby syndrome which i would never do. the tests all came back good which means no child abuse...what else can it be??? they inserted a shunt into his brain to drain his blood. now i just want an answer.

lbalch13

Asked by lbalch13 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 9 out of 10 times bleeding on the brain is due to injury. If there is no known injury then your guess would be as good as mine Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know what causes that. I am sorry you are having to go through this.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• oh my, good luck with this. they found bleeding in my 4 month old's brain and blamed shaken baby syndrome on my husband who was left alone with her. she's now 2 years old and perfectly fine, and he just got cleared of all charges a year and a half later. he's on probation for 10 years. not saying any of this will happen to you, but if they suspect it they're most likely going to get cps involved and watch you guys very closely. everyone in this family knows my husband didn't hurt her and never would but they claim her subdural hemorage was SBS and since he was alone with her that day they say he did it. it really tore our family apart. i hope they get down to the bottom of the cause and don't put too much of a strain on your family. and i hope he gets better! *hugs* you can pm me if you want to know more. it sounds to me like it might be because his head is growing so rapidly.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• you think in a newborn high blood pressure and such??? they tried to say head trauma but they checked his eyes and did bone scans, etc so they cleared us of that otherwise they wouldn't let us leave. our next appt is jan 26 w neurosurgeon. i hope we can find an answer.
    lbalch13

Comment by lbalch13 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i took my son to the doctor the other day because he was sick and they told me that he had bleeding on his brain, and then they said that he had old blood. they are accusing my whole family of child abuse, but we would never do anything to him, cps has taken my son until this gets resolved... my son got stuck on my pelvic bone when he was born, and i told the doctor that i thought it could have been from that, but they are saying that he was shook or thrown... can any1 please help?
    isaiah2010

Answer by isaiah2010 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Pm me!
    lbalch13

Comment by lbalch13 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011