Friend is getting married/ SM drama

So my friend's wedding is comming up very soon. Her SM called and told her that if she doesn't get to share the mother of the bride role with her mother, she will not come and she will not 'let " her dad come either. Understandably, her mother doesn't want to share her role, this is her only DD and the SM has only been around a few years. She is doing this because she has no DD of her own. Meanwhile her mom has already paid for the entire wedding and has helped do all the planning, the SM never wanted in until all the work was done. The SM also wants to wear the exact mother of the bride dress that the mother is wearing. SM is also LIVID that the mother will be wearing a string of pearls that were the bride's father's grandmother's, she gave them to her when her dd (the bride) was born but the SM thinks that they should be her's now. She is torn because she wants her dad there. I am thinking that it is not fair to her mom to take half the role. The other thing is the dad can still come if he wants to, he just has to go against his wife... Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• In this case, the dad would have to pull on his pants and stand up to the SM. Sorry but if her mom has always been in her life and the SM only a few years there is no way should have any role other then being the SM.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• wow ok i agree with the other ladies someone needs to call the dad and tell him whats going on and that he needs to have a very serious talk with the new SM .....because the daughter deserves to have the wedding of her dreams and that includes the mother having the mother roll.....as SM is is the DADS NEW WIFE......and a guest at the wedding nothing more and some one needs to set her straight on the......hugs to your friend
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The Dad needs to friggen MAN UP and let his Balls drop. I would be embarassed to death if my dad allowed his "Wife" to make such decisions for him. That sure as hell wouldn't happen in my family. Best of luck to your friend. Her SMonster needs to grow the heck up
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I totally agree. It is your friend's wedding. And if her dad is a nice man than he will understand that a wedding is all about what the BRIDE wants. I would speak to her dad about the wedding and tell him he is more than welcome and the dragon as well. But she doesn't get the same rights as her mother. If the dad loves his daughter he will go to the wedding anyway. I feel so sorry for your friend. It is really not fair she has to go though on this and she can't just focus on her wedding plan:( Hugs.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I can only say one word "NARCISIST". Don't you love narcisist personality pplwho thinks everything is about them. Come on, someone take this women aside and tell her to shutup, play the part that she chose by marrying a man with children (THE SECOND WIFE NOT MOTHER) or don't come.

aitson

Answer by aitson at 11:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It is not the brides mothers fault that the SM does not have a daughter of her own. A lot of women do not have daughters and live life and dont go raining on others parade. The father needs to put his pants back on!! The decision to go to HIS daughters wedding should be a decision that he makes ALONE as the FATHER. The SM needs to get a life, get real and relax. The bride can incorporate her into the wedding somehow if that is what she choses but dont take the shine away from the mom with the only daughter.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The Dad should tell SM while he is at the Wedding- Giving his Daughter Away; she will have the Whole Day to herself to Pack & Move Out! WOW- Unbelievable!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Then he would be getting a divorce, it's his DD for christ sake!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I called dad this morning (we have been best friends since we were 5, we call each other's parents mom and dad lol) and he said that his wife said she is ready to divorce him over all of this. He said he wants to go, the only thing he is worried up is her showing up and ruining the day. Oh, now she says "if" she comes she wants to sit and the bride's family table and she wants the mother and her husband to sit at another table.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• At this point if the SM comes, my friend says she will be seated after the 2and row in the ceromony. She is so mad, especially that this woman would dare demand for the pearls that her father's grandmother gave her mother when she was born.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011