If someone was rude to you

Ok so my dh's cousin was really rude to me last night over marshmallows saying I should have asked and that I was rude for taking them and some other crap. Anyways I only see her a few times out of the year but I didn't like that fact that she yelled at me in front of everyone causing a scene. I was just like ok...whatever cause it was out of nowhere. Well I have her facebook and would like to send her a message nothing mean but tell her how I feel what she did was wrong and she didn't even share with my family like shes was doing it on purpose. Even after her grandpa says to help ourselves to everything there. Should I send her a message about how I feel or should I just let it be. I just didn't like the fact about her yelling and making a scene and saying I was rude...

Gen

Asked by Gen at 11:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Let it go, be the bigger person.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt send the message and just leave it alone and move on. If you do decide to send it make sure you REALLY want to send it because onces its sent...its sent.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You can send her a message but it doesn't mean anything. Rude people are just plain ruse. And they don't think it is a bad thing. Just try to avoid her. Talk to your DH what's happened and let him solve the problem. It is his family. The bad-mouthed and mannered cousin won't take anything from you seriously. Obviously she thinks she can do anything with you because you doesn't count as family. Than make a family member talk to her about her manners. If it would happen with me my SO would talk to his family to back off. And anyway why didn't you tell her face to face when this thing happened? I am sorry you had to go through this:( Well, there is saying though: you can choose your friends but your family... It is soooo true...

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You stayed calm in front of the others and basically she probably is the one who made a fool of herself. But I might call her and find out why she wanted to react that way to you. Is there something else bothering her and try and fix it. That way you can move on from it rather than let it brother you this year. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would just let it be since you rarely see her. Sending a message will just start more problems since she sounds like a real B****
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would have said something last night like if you were going to yell at me there was not a better way too handle this. Telling her now she will not remember or will not think it was that big a deal. If your mad write her a letter and tell her how you feel after burn said letter and let this be the end it will get better. Do not let her bad behavior bring you down. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol because i was so caught off guard but decided to hold my tongue. the thing is she was never like this before in all of almost 8 years i've been with my hubby just all of a sudden she was rude. my dh says that his cousins family is all like that. but i guess i should just let it be we were planning on going over there more cause thats where his grandpa lives as well. I just don't want them to be rude to my family if we do go there more...
    Gen

Comment by Gen (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If it is an on going problem I would say something, otherwise chalk it up to a bad day.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Its a new year let it be water under the bridge :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes bil....bcz his /f doesnt like me
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2011