I hurt... is there anything I can do about it?

I work retail and am on my feet 6-8 hours at a stretch. My hips, legs, ankles and feet just KILL me at the end of the day. I come home and take pain relievers and a hot bath. I am not allowed to wear athletic shoes, and I just don't know what to do, with the holidays coming up and more hours.

TeeJai

Asked by TeeJai at 10:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• I think I would check in with a doctor before you do anything else. Maybe you need them to check your feet before you go spending money on different shoes that may not help at all. Could be the doctor would end up writing a note to your boss telling him you must wear athletic shoes due to your health.  Good Luck.

flutterby.16

Answer by flutterby.16 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Buy comfortable flats, You can get shoes that are comfortable and work appropriate that aren't athletic.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Maybe see if you can find a nice black pair of hiking boots... they shouldn't cost too much, and they are designed for people who do a lot of walking. They will also look good under slacks.
    Anonymous