has anyone ever had a period during their pregnancy?

i was just wondering if anyone has had a period during their pregnancy and everything turned out fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah i had two with my first i got pregnant in the beginning of nov of 05 and didnt miss a period til feb of 06 had my son in july of 06 he was early but that had nothing to do with that my water broke early he is fine now.
    Anonymous

• i know someone who had what she thought was a period every month through out her pregnancy and her baby girl turned out perfectly healthy!! but if its happening to you, consult ur doctor. Its not normal and should checked.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Usually a period is not a good sign. Sometimes a miscarriage can have the symptoms of a period. If you are only a few weeks along, you will bleed like you are having a period only you may have more cramping. Usually, you will pass tissue when you are not having a viable pregnancy. It has happened before where woman continue to have a period. The purpose of the period is to clear the lining if the uterus and pass an egg. Best of Luck!!!
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Its not actually a period but yea, I bled in the first 2-3 months in every one of my pregnancies. The Drs. really couldn't explain it. They said this happens to some women and there is no known cause or reason. I still dont know why it happened til this day and it was just like a period. The flow, the length, color, would lead you to believe your having a regular period and still having a positive preg result. Weird huh? I know... Fortunately, All 5 of my beautiful babies turned out healthy ;)

Btw, If your bleeding at all, please get checked out by a dr asap.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• any kind of vaginal bleeding while ur pregnant should be seen by ur doctor immediately!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my friend thought she was having a period during her 4th mo. she called the doc just to be safe, and it turns out to be a blood clot. GO TO THE DOC! DO NOT PUT IT OFF! there is a good chance that everything is fine, but make sure.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2008