how do you get more time with the family after work?

asrcrawford

Asked by asrcrawford at 11:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• What about making and freezing a weeks worth of meals on the weekend, so then when you get home during the week you only have to heat dinner up?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thats a tough question. I premake meals but I also make sure that the child care provider, if they are with one, has all the homework done before I get them. I also limit tv during this time, that of course means the tv isn't on thru the week, but they will live and you will get to spend more time with them.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Make meals ahead of time & freeze, make crockpot meals or make meals that take 15-30 min. to make (they aren't hard to find). Semi-homemade meals are also very quicck to make. Limit TV time in the evening, instead of watching TV play a board game. Make sure that if they are school aged and in an after school program that they do their homework there.
    Anonymous

• u have to find what works best for u :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I make lots of healthy crockpot meals. I am also home by 3pm everyday. I pick my son up from preschool and we usually go home and just play until my dh gets home at 6. We then eat the crockpot meal. Being a teacher...I am also off most days he is off school.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2011