How do you encourage your kids to exercise? How do you keep it fun for them (and you)?

My son, 2, loves to do my Jillian Michaels video with me, and to run with me (though he's not fast enough to come on my runs yet).

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 11:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• We are active as a family: skiing, hiking, climbing and then my boys love sports- any kind, any time- we live in Colorado with great weather so it makes it easy for us. When we lived in OR and it rained so much, it was harder because we had to go to a gym or something to play.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My 4 year old sister, Mum and I enjoy wii fit together. My little sister LOVES it!
    m.riley

Answer by m.riley at 11:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I go to the community center to work out and my kids play basketball. We also participate in 5k's sometimes, we like walking together.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• What I did with my sister in law when I lived with them for 8 months is tried to get her to see that she needs physical activity. I had to make it fun for her even if i could get her to race me to get a cart or try to do little co mpetitions. SOme I would let her win and others I would win just to push her. Giving her little prizes always seemed to help keep her motivated!! I would do craft night 1 night a wk if she did Jullian Michales every night!! SHe did it and has lost 8 pounds!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My 2yo loves to mock us on the Wii Fit!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids are 3 (almost 4) and 2 1/2....I just dance around the house like a lunatic. They think momma's a nut, they laugh, I get to hear'em giggle AND get some exercise. It's an all around "win" =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 4:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't have to encourage my son, he is always wanting to go. He encourages ME more than anything.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my 3.5 yr old & I love to dance!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My girls will dance until they have no energy left a
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We play together, dance together, go on walks, etc.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2011