The battle between my Mum and my mother-in-law

I'm due in August and because my husband is deployed and i'm almost 2 thousand miles from my family, i'm moving back to NY to stay with my family. Problem is, my husbands family lives just under a mile from my Mum. She has already set up their spare room for me and the babies. Mum has my old room set up for me too. I love my mother-in-law but I feel more comfortable with Mum. I have a little sister(4) who cries everyday i'm not there and a large(13 siblings) family to be around. Should I stay with Mum or the mother-in-law? they get along great but I don't want this to come between them. WHAT SHOULD I DO??????

m.riley

Asked by m.riley at 11:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think first you can do just stay calm. Stress can harm the babies. Second do whatever is more comfortable with you. If you like both of them than half the time stay with your mum and half of the time stay with your MIL. Or stay with your mum during the week and go to MIL at weekends. Work out a timetable that suits your need. You are the pregnant and you have to feel safe and sound with your new babies.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Stay where YOU want not where they want you too
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If your more comfortable with your mom then that's who you should stay with, I wouldn't worry about hurting anyone's feelings, since she lives so close she can come see the babies anytime she wants!!

momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If you are more comfortable with your mother then stay with your mother, you MIL should understand.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• honestly i am suprised your mil thought you would be staying with her....i would thing since you have a good relationship with your family you would be staying there....maybe she thought with a large family you would like the peace of her home? .....just explain to her that you want to spend time with your family and would love to visit her whenever you both have time.....just rember its about you and the babies and what makes you feel comfortable even if it means hurting someones feelings......sometime its cant be helped
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Stay with your Mom, don't let your MIL push you into staying somewhere you don't want to.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• scout mom is what i would say :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think personally I would be getting an apartment for myself. I hat staying with other people be it my mom or someone else. I liked to come and go when I want. I like to do my dishes when I am ready to, Do my laundry ect on my terms.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• why would your mil just assume you would stay with her if you and your mother get along fine?
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011