Wine while pregnant?

I was told that less than 4 oz of wine a day is still OK. That it won't affect the fetus.
Agree or Disagree

m.riley

Asked by m.riley at 11:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• DISAGREE
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Personally I was never comfortable drinking even one drop of alcohol while I was pregnant.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Maybe every great once in awhile, but certainly not every day.
    I say, why risk it?
    I had MAYBE a total of a glass of champagne throughout my pregnancy, because of special events. Even that I don't think I would do next time around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Why take the chance? If something where to go wrong you would never forgive yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Agree. Even my doctor told me it was ok. I would have, but even the thought of wine while pregnant gave me the WORST heartburn! Couldn't do it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I will add, that if heartburn wasn't an issue, I would not have had it EVERY day...I think that's excessive. But once a while, np.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It might be ok, it might not. The research goes both ways because the effect alcohol has on a woman's fetus depends on what effect the alcohol has on her, and alcohol effects each of us differently. I would never drink while pregnant because a taste of alcohol isn't worth the risk of hurting my child.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Totally agree.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• not every day but i got the ok twice. i only drank once and that was at the very end and that was giving myself permission. noone has to give you permission accept yourself . if you can live with your choice, than so be it. i would never do it everyday but i say maybe at the end if you want. if not then don't do it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i wouldnt do it because they are unsure just how much alcohole truly affects the fetus. They dont know if it takes alot or just a tiny bit so given the fact they cant tell me for 100% it wont harm my baby i wont do it. Im pregnant with my third child and havnt had any alcohol with any of them and i wont. Not worth the chance to me.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011