IM BEING INDUCED A WEEK BEFORE MY DUE DATE. IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT?

IM DUE THE 21ST BUT MY DOC IS INDUCING ME ON THE 14TH. IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO BE WRMED ABOUT?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 10:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was induced with my first child. Be prepared for a long labor process. I don't know if my experience is "normal" but here's what they did. First, they started giving me pitocin through an IV (7pm tues night) They finally broke my water 18 hours later on Wed. afternoon. That's when the contractions really started hurting. I didn't start pushing for another 6 hours and finally had my baby at almost 10pm Wed night (over 27 hours later!!!) I hurt a lot more afterward being induced that I did when I went on my own. I think it was because I had to push so long! Good luck!
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 10:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I'm sure your doctor will let you know of any concerns. A lot of women have to have their water broken or cervix manipulated once they get to the hospital. So don't worry :)
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 10:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My labor after being induced was quick and painless (I did it without any pain meds).... the only scary thing, being a first timer was just how fast things happened, I dilated from 1 to 10 in 5 hours (I was only 1 cm. when I went in for the induction)... the dr. did warn me that my labor could go on for 24-48 hours, so I'm guessing that is probably pretty typical, but I was done in five and a half hours (only pushed for 10 minutes).... you won't be able to move around really because you will be hooked up to the pitocin.... if they ask, take the folly catheter/balloon first, it really helped to open me up quickly (1-4 cm. in 1.5 hours)... good luck, I don't think it's as scary as everyone says but then again, I don't think I was the norm
    dance_chica

Answer by dance_chica at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• DO EXPECT ANYTHING CUZ IT WILL BE WHAT YOU DIDNT EXPECT!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• why are u being induced early? the only thing to expect are the contractions will HURT so bad. induction makes them come harder and faster than natural.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I was induced with my first daughter, yes the contractions generally do come faster and harder. I was induced at 7 a.m. had my water broke around noon, and delivered a little before 4 p.m. If you plan on an epidural get it as early as possible. The birth of my first (induced) hurt much more than the birth of my second which was natural.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I was induced with my daughter.. cervidil (sp?) at 9 pm and 12 am, pitocin at 550 am at 1 cm, contractions that I could feel started around 9 am, water broke at 1045 am at 3 cm, got the epidural at 1115 am, went from 3-6 cm by 1230 pm, then 6-10 cm by 140 pm.... starting pushing at 140 pm and my daughter was born at 205 pm. The only thing that ever bothered me was how painful the contractions were, but that is why I got the epidural! I don't know what it is like to have a natural birth.. good luck to you! You will be just fine! Everyone's labor/birth is different! I pray that everything goes perfect Ãœ
    LaneyCsMommy

Answer by LaneyCsMommy at 9:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I was induced 4 weeks early..and the only thing is the TIME uggg mine took 24 hours to the dot...they first put a chemical against your cervix to thin out your cervix then after you are effaced they will give you pitocin to initiate contractions...if not allready from the cervadel...just be prepared for a lot of cramping for about 12 hours take some extra strengh tylonal with you incase they wont give you anything.....i wish i would have had some..good luck with babyl........
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2008