Pneumonia while pregnant?

How is pneumonia caught, my boyfriends son had it and slept in our bed but I wasn't here for two days, but now i'm worried about germs, esp since Im 30 weeks pregnant on bed rest already, do germs survive on objects? Like pillows and things, should I worry? He not staying here while he's sick...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Ok, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pneumonia is basically just when water gets in your lungs after an illness. So say your boyfriends son had a cold, it eventually turned into pneumonia because he didn't get better.

As for the germs surviving, I would change your bedding just to be on the safe side, and call your doctor about the risk, that way he will be ready to act if you do get sick.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Definitely change your bedding, if you are concerned. You might also want to set aside the pillow that he used for a couple of days, or buy a new one. The best site I found with info about it was: http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/pneumonia.html.
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 10:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't think pneumonia is contagious, but you usually have something else before you get that, so I'd be concerned about catching whatever CAUSED the pneumonia. Make sure your sheets are clean (and wash your pillows as well, if you can).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2008