Is anyone truly happy....

in their marriage? I've seen a lot of post/questions about people getting a divorce, and it has made me think, does anyone really try to work on a marriage anymore? And yes I know there are circumstances where you just need to get out any I understand that. But in my mind, marriage is something that needs work, I just wouldn't up and leave my hubby if things get hard, or if we are going through ah rough patch. Sorry if I have offended anyone with this question. I didn't mean for it to be offensive

momma2b2008

Asked by momma2b2008 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I won't stick to my vows if my husband won't. If he's any abusive or cheats their is working nothing out. He'll be out that door so fast his head will spin. If he can't respect me as a woman and his wife why should I bend over backwards to get him to respect me when it should have been their from the beginning.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I spent ten years trying to make my SO happy going to counseling working staying at home and working on this relationship and it comes to a point where you start to say what about my own happiness or what about my kids or whatever it is and maybe we would be truly happy apart. JMO
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'm happy. We're not perfect, and we all have our troubles, but at the end of the day, we both love each other very much, and we both plan to stick it out. We've had A LOT of curve balls thrown our way in the 3 years we've been married, and we've survived well. Marriage takes A LOT of work sometimes, but if you're with the right person, it's worth every bit of work.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I am, my DH and I went through a rough patch a couple years ago and we were both ready to throw in the towl but we mutually decided that we would MAKE it work, and now fast forward to today and we are the happiest that we have ever been. I am not saying that everyone can or should do what we did, but I agree that more should try to.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I've been happily married for 22 years to an awesome man.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I am blissfully happy when my husband is here. Unfortunately, he's deployed until December 2011. We are so perfect together and compliment the other like perfect puzzle pieces.
    m.riley

Answer by m.riley at 12:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We are happy! We have been married for 13 years and have 2 kids (5 and 3) it is not always easy times, but we love each other enough to work thru it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• im happy, sure hubby and i have are problems but we are happy. i believe the same as you though
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Why rely on your spouse or anyone else for your happiness. Only you make your own happiness.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The problem is people merry for the wrong reasons.

Can't force someone to love you.

Having kids will not keep them in a loveless marriage.

A jerk will stay a jerk!

I dated my hubby 5-years. He had to grow up. We did not move in together, we both thought if you are not ready to get married why would you move in? When you break up it's like a divorce.
    You both have to have the same dreams for things to work.

We are very happy, but live is like a roller coaster there are up and downs, but when you are with a good partner things always work out!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011