Will it be o.k

My son will be 4 months in december and i wanted to know if it would be ok for him to eat table food like mashed potatos etc. And do anybody know where i can find one of those things i am not sure what it's called were you can chop and puree your own food i want to get one for when he do start to eat

shareka27

Asked by shareka27 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.wholesomebabyfood.com is THE best resource out there for info on introducing solids and making your own baby food.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• you want to start him on cereal first and gradually move to table food
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10097974
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'd definitely start with rice cereal, then start adding a little baby food fruit to that. Once they have that down you can start introducing new things. I used my magic bullet to mash up veggies and fruits to give him. They call the things to mash it Baby food grinders or mashers. I know Munchkin sells one for like 10.00 but I never used it so don't know which is best
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• You need to start with single foods first. Mashed potatoes have other stuff in them besides potatoes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I've always heard that you shouldn't start food till they're 6 months.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My son had mashed potatoes and was just fine. If its just mashed potatoes, like the kind you make at home it should be alright, because you know what your putting in it. But make sure its plan, no gravy or anything
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 11:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• anything healthy that i had made for myself, was mashed up and given to my babies by 5 months. just so long as you don't force them, and the food is healthy, give him whatever you're eating. you can easily blend all sorts of fruits and veggies right in your kitchen, and it's way cheaper that way!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• it wouod be ok,hell me and hubby feed our baby a taste of whatever were eating.just dont give them a bunch(like a bowl)keep in mind he might get a rash down there,but he will have fun.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can find the puree thing at any store Walmart,Kmart, Target or even Babies R Us you can also find cook books for making your own baby food good luck
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 10:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2008