Was there anyone else that was disappointed that they didn't actually show the ball drop in Times Square just that count down clock? That's what we stay up for

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, we are PST and we watched and had DS watch the new year with EST in NYC (look at all the letters) so he could be in bed right after nine. Even he asked where the ball was. AND the countdown with the people talking, didn't match what they were showing on the screen. The voices were 2 seconds ahead of what the screen was showing. So everyone was saying, "Happy New Year" and the screen still showed 2 seconds. What the heck?
    Anonymous

• I didnt see it drop either... I guess it did cause they showed the stupid phones afterwards but even then we didnt see it. No one here at my house did. We were disappointed. We have a 65 inch TV and didnt see it....
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol, I thought I was imagining that I saw it..haha...I was actually yelling for my dd who was in the kitchen to come over for the final countdown. So, I just managed to get a fast peek at the tv. Your right though it wasnt like it usually is..
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I remember them showing the numbers and a quick flash of the ball, but we didn't see it either! The digital countdown was a little let down.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We were totally bummed!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• ive never seen it so no .. we only have the countdown of the clock then the chimes of big ben in london and then a whole load of fireworks
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• They didn't drop it? Did they explain why?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Im not sure what you mean, I saw it drop on TV, did you mean a close up of it?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It dropped they just never showed it like they have in past years with it coming down. I saw them light it up on GMA yesterday morning so I know it worked. We were just disappointed they didn't show it coming down like usual
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We never saw it drop on TV at all my dh even commented about how they didn't show it like the close up they usually do
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011