Has anyone's...

Toddler had a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy and an ear tube incursion. I was just wondering how your little one did. My daughter is going to have a T&A and is getting tubes put in her ears on the 24th of this month. I know they say that little ones do much better than older kids, but I really can't help but be nervous!!

momma2b2008

Asked by momma2b2008 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids never needed surgery. However, I am a professional nanny, and the little one I nanny had one last year. It was out patient and she was home by noon. She slept a lot and was a bit whinny when she woke up. Other than that, she did fine and she was 4 when she had the surgery. Good luck, and I am sure your baby will be just fine.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My cousin's daughter had tubes put in when she was almost 2 and she was home the same day and it only took, if I remember right, 1 hour to do the whole thing. And she was a little cranky that day but much better the next. I think your little one will do fine :) And its worth it so she feels better on a daily basis, right?
    TanaJ979

Answer by TanaJ979 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Ohh yeah definitely.... She's had 7 year infections in one year!!! I will be so happy once its done, and I'm sure she will be just fine! And she will have to stay the night because of the tonsils, they want to make sure she is getting enough fluids, and she is a stubborn little thing when she isn't feeling very good and wont do anything that she doesn't want to do!! So I'm also a little worried about getting her to drink fluids!!

momma2b2008

Comment by momma2b2008 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011