how do you tell your mom or dad that you are pregnant

christimost

Asked by christimost at 10:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How old are you?
    Anonymous

• I made my son a shirt that said I'm the big brother!
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• that depends on your situation. but no matter how you decide to tell them, they will find out eventually. you're stressing over nothing. just tell them like you would anything. "hi mom, hi dad, i'm pregnant." (just don't be calling anyone grandma or grandpa!)
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• it'll be harder if your younger...what I did was I showed my mom the test (it was the third one I took) She didn't have a freak out, but my dad found out (who doesn't live with us) because we needed my innurance card and it got sent to his house and he called to see if we where ok and why we needed it, so I had to tell him and let me tell you it was not a pretty phone conversation, I was bawling, and he was yelling then blaming my mom...I was 20 years old..not even a teen, but I wasn't married and still lived at home so in his eyes I wasn't ready..but proved him wrong...
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 12:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Give them a baby's t-shirt as a gift that says worlds greatest grandMa or GrandPa on it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I walked out with the pregnancy test when my mom was sitting on the couch. I never truly told my dad. Then I had an abortion.

This time around I called her and told her in a way that she knew she couldn't try and convince me that I wasn't ready. She's been supportive throughout the whole pregnancy now. You've got to be confident in yourself.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2008