My almost 4 year old told me that his older boy cousins 9 & 12 years and girl cousin 7 pulled his pants down and hit his penis while playing in the basement of my cousins house on christmas eve. How do I handle this? Say something to the parents or confront the children?

Oaz

Asked by Oaz at 12:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Say something to the parents. It is a really big deal. And those kids are not yours. But their parents should do something. And I wouldn't really leave my children there alone anymore with those kids. It is just not right.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Talk to the parents first then decide together the best rout to handle the situation. The child parents are likely to be a little defensive and want to talk to their children themselves to get both sides of the story. not saying your son is not telling the truth just trying to look at from the other parents point of view. How would you want it handled if you were on the other end?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Man, I would be so PISSED! You need to talk to the parents... and if they dont do anything about it I would have my son around their kids anymore!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• TK TO THE PARENTS...DONT NEVER LET YOUR KID GO OVER
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Talk to the parents 1st and then I wouldn't be leaving my child alone with them anymore and have a talk with your son about why that shouldn't happen again and if it does he needs to tell you right away. I would be so pissed for sure.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i'm wondering why he didn't tell you sooner? my son would have went straight to me or to an adult and straight out told right then and there. i'd be really mad and talk to the parents about it..
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Ouch! Poor guy... I would definitely speak with the parents and get to the bottom of this. If your son did sometime wrong you need to know that too. Not saying he did, but it is important to figure out what happened and then do what it takes to make sure it doesn't again.
    b_Jessica

Answer by b_Jessica at 1:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thank God he told you, sometimes children are too scared to tell. I would most definitely talk to their parents. They need to be aware of what their children are doing. Hopefully they will take this seriously. I would not let him around them unsupervised again, but I am sure you know this now.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• share this story with all the parents for sure. You would wanna be told. Be careful to not expect any responses from anyone. Ya never know what to expect so expect nothing.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• semi similar...my 10 and 7 yr old nephews tend to get curious with each other...my sister had to sit them down and explain why what they were doing was not nice and everything...i agree that you should talk to the parents because although i feel this is semi normal for children to do, they need to know that it isn't appropriate
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2011