is it possible to be months pregnant and not show up on a test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My sister was 13.5 weeks when she found out she was pregnant with her DD and DS (twins). She has LITERALLY taken at least 15 pregnancy test AND had a blood test during the time that she was pregnant and didn't know it....ALL CAME UP NEGATIVE!!

Then she went to the doctor at 13.5 weeks (NOT knowing she was pregnant) because she thought she was really sick. They got a FAINT positive on the test and then saw two babies on an ultra sounds later that day!
    Anonymous

• It would be highly unusual since the hormone the test is looking for is produced by the placenta.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I was 14 weeks pregnant with my son when it finally showed up on a Pregnancy Test. I knew the whole time because I could just feel it. LOL I went and got a blood test when I was 7 weeks! :) HAHA They kept trying to tell me I wasnt pregnant and it was just stress... WRONG! :) I was SO PREGO! Good Luck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It is possible but not probable.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It takes me til I'm 2 months or more for a test to show I'm pregnant. If you really think you're pregnant talk to your Dr and see if you can get a blood test or ultrasound.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Try a blood test those are best an accurate and they are like a few more dollars than a pee test and you can be for sure :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Some women never show up pregnant on a home test, some take awhile. Its rare, but very possible.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011