Is it worth it for me to stop working and stay home if...

it means we have to live in a trashy area where there is literally 6 sex offenders in the direct area. (It happens to be far enough from all the schools there) We would save in daycare but that's only 40 since we only use it 2 days and a friend keeps her. We would save in gas but only like 15 dollars since I work nearby. All of that would be countered by the fact I would be feeding my DD at home 2 more days a week. We would loose 900 a month. This is only an option if my DH get this new job where he would be making 2000 a month. Either way we have to move our house is being foreclosed. It's just if DH get this job where do we move. Good neighborhood and me work or bad neighborhood and I be a SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• You have to do whats best for your family, in this situation it sounds like its better for you to work! GOOD LUCK!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• good neighborhood with you working imo
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• this should be discussed between you and dh. where's your top priority? raising your own kids or living in a nicer neighborhood. there are sex offenders everywhere. i work parttime. perhaps you could do that as an in between. still, you and your husband are better fit at figuring this out.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thats what I think to but everyone says it better to suck it up and do what you have to do to SAH. I just want to do the best thing but it seems that if the best thing is me SAH I am sacrificing our safety not just a lifestyle.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I already work just part time. 4 1/2 days a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• This isn't something that anyone else can answer for you. However, if it were me, and I stayed home, I would want to be outside. If the neighborhood isn't safe, then you can't really be outside. I would work and live in a better neighborhood, but thats just my opinion.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'd rather work and have my family live a better lifestyle than not work and live in a questionable neighborhood and risk their safety.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Only you can answer this question. It's totally how you WANT to live. How you CHOOSE to live. What you want out of life. If you are asking for opinions, mine would be that I would (and I have) totally bust my butt off working to live in a good neighborhood and provide the very best for my family WITHOUT seeking any type of assistance... I always want to better myself and be proud of my accomplishments. Daycare is something that you can always work around. Find someone from your local church who would trade babysitting for chores around their home. The little old women are always looking for something to do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i would always pick the working and living in the nicer neighborhood. that is just me though. i am not a stay at home kind of person though. so its really up to you. if its really just the sex offenders that make the neighborhood dangrous that can be found any place and if you do stay home in that neighborhood then you will always be with your kids so it wouldn;t really be a threat. i myself i want the best for my child and that includes safety. just discuss this with your husband and see where it really ends up budget wise. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I already have a baby sitter. DD stays with her 2 days a week. the other days she is with me or her Daddy is off so she is with him. If DH gets the new job she will be w/ the babysitter 4 days a week. so we go from 40 a week to 80.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011